Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Are gel nails okay during pregnancy?

I am in early pregnancy and I like to have my nails done. I have heard differing opinions on this topic, and I would like to get some information on it from credible sources NOT just opinions. Please respond with tact.Are gel nails okay during pregnancy?
It's always nice to be pampered while pregnant, isn't it? The main concern is usually the fumes in the nail salon. Doctors vary on their advice, so you should check with yours for advice.





Congratulations, and I hope you get the pampering you want!Are gel nails okay during pregnancy?
ITS fine,my DD had hers done while PG and baby is fine.He is even advanced,7 months old and crawls,stands up in middle of floor dont take steps yet but getting braver.Doctors were shocked when seen it,
I have gotten my nails done my whole pregnancy and my Dr. has never said anything about it. So to my knowledge I would think it to be ok.
The fumes are not safe. They even say that for stylists dealing with color %26amp; highlights. My doc said 4 me not to color highlight anyones hair while preg. Hell and that is my job! (stylist for 14yrs) Have u ever taken a wif of a nail or hair salon? Especially a nail salon. Stinks to high heaven. You breathe those fumes, they do too. To the other post: Just because someones baby wasnt affected doesnt mean yours wont. the other post Sounds like a teenagers mentality. It wont happen to me... But If you really really want them done wear a mask or see if they will do it by the door and have it open. I would buy a better ventalated mask at the hardware store. Not the cheap flimsy ones. Heres a sight that has some info.
  • make up foundation
  • revlon lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment