Friday, July 30, 2010

Are gel nails harmful to pregnant women?

I usually get gel nails for the winter, but this year I am pregnant. I was wondering if the glues and chemicals will be harmful to my unborn baby.Are gel nails harmful to pregnant women?
No... the nails should be just fine If anything it might the smells in the nail salon. FUMES are said to be bad for the baby, but I've gotten my nails done quite a few times and my doctor said it was A-OK. Just to double check, always ask your doctor.Are gel nails harmful to pregnant women?
Usually the later in your pregnancy you are the more okay doing things like getting your nails done becomes. My friend was told during her first tri not to add nails-she did anyways and everything was fine. Her doctor's concern wasn't for the nails or the smells-but the risk of infection that can sometimes occur when getting your nails done at a public place. If you have a history with the salon and it is a clean place, I would say go for it. I know the more pregnant I become the more I need something to help me feel pretty and relaxed-getting my nails done helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment