Friday, July 30, 2010

What should I expect for my gel nails?

Apparently I have 'gel nails'. At least that is what I asked for... and paid the extra money for! However to my disappointment they were not set under a UV Lamp and they are not particularly shiny. When I got my refills they did not do any maintenance of the white line of the tips.


Should they have fixed the white tips of powdered gel nails? I wonder why she didn't.


Can I switch to the proper gel nails without ripping all of my nails?


If the process starts to sting like hell is there anything that they can do to stop it hurting or has the damage already been done?





Thanks in advanceWhat should I expect for my gel nails?
Well being a nail tecnication I can most confidently tell you that you did not get gel nails at all. Any type of gel ranging from the most expensive Brisa gel to light concept nails by creative concept nails, to the cheapest ';powdered gel'; all must me cured under a UV light to sort of ';activate'; the gel. It sounds to me like you got ';powdered gel'; but did not get the last gel activating coat over it which that is done under the UV light. Think about it they call it gel for a reason, because the product is gel, not a powder and a liquid. This is because you probably went to the corner store nail shop with the asian people, yes the do the nails but butchar them and use cheap products. Moving on to the white tip, I am a little distored because with real gel the white part is a type of gel that is cured under the UV light, part of the whole nail process. What you probably got is a white tip that requires no maintance when getting a fill. On the the part of the stinging part, that is not normal at all, getting your nails done should NEVER hurt, if they do the person did something terrible wrong. I am taking a guess that you went to the corner nail shop where the first thing they do is take their nail drill and drill your nail with it. 1. that is not even a real nail drill they use it is a engine bought at a hardware store with a nail attachemnt on it real nail drills are around $400 for a good one. 2. you NEVER EVER EVER drill on the natural nail that RUNINS your nail for good by thinning it out so that it will never return to the same thickness. Instead real nail techs. take a file and more or less scrape the tope simply to get the oil out of the nails and to open the pores. The others use the drill to save a lot of time. They probably did it extensively and that is why your nail is sore. Now the hard part, because I do not know for shure what product you got i am not to shure what to say about taking them off. In my personal and professional opinion I think you got some sort of powdered gel with no activatior. With that being said, DO NOT take them off, the people say that it is ok to take them off with no problem, but don't listen to them. Think about it, gel nails can not be penetrated by acetone(nail polish remover) or any other chemical, acrylics can but gels can not. So they will soak the nail which makes you think helps but does nothing then they will pull them off. BAD IDEA!!!!!! never ever ever pulll off fake nails! Think about it they just drilled off half the thickness of your nail away, then they are going to pull of something attached to them. Hello?!? Not a smart idea.


Sorry that it is so long but I hope me explaining everything makes you think and answers all your questions


Good Luck!What should I expect for my gel nails?
You can soak your fingertips in Nail Polish Remover to loosen them up before gently pulling the off. (A tweezer helps).





I would go to another nail salon and ask for help. Really. They'll fix them up and it's worth the pay.





If it is stinging you, I suggest not getting gel nails at all. You could have an allergic reaction to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment