Friday, July 30, 2010

Can I swim in a chlorinated pool if I have gel nails?

I just had my first set of gel nails done 2 weeks ago. I am a keen swimmer but am worried if I go swimming that they will fall off.Can I swim in a chlorinated pool if I have gel nails?
You can go swimming with them, but keep in mind that the longer your hands are in water, the more water can start to penetrate around the cuticle edge of the nail, and can cause the gel nails to start to lift away from the natural nail as the natural nail swells upon lengthy water exposure, and then shrinks again as they dry. This expansion and contraction causes the adhesive to break some of it's bonds. If it's just every now and then, social swimming won't be too bad, but if you do it regularly, I think the gel nails would be a waste of money to try to maintain.Can I swim in a chlorinated pool if I have gel nails?
i dont think they will fall offff.
what the heck are gell nails ?
yeah it's fine! just don't do that alot!
It might effect them sine ur not really supposed to swim with fake nails on. But i dont think they will fall off. lol. Idk ask ur nail salon.! : 0
  • eye tips
  • blush brush
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment