Friday, July 30, 2010

Are natural or gel nails better when having a newborn?

I'm using my husband's account. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and have gel nails and get them done every three weeks. I'm thinking I may not have time to get my nails re-done every three weeks but I'm not sure because this is my first baby. But if I take them off and keep them short I feel they may be sharp and hurt the baby. The gel nails are not sharp. What's better?Are natural or gel nails better when having a newborn?
I keep mine really short and it has never been an issue with any of my three kids. I also make certain to keep them smooth using an emery board.Are natural or gel nails better when having a newborn?
I have no clue what gel nails are, but if you keep your fingernails short and trimmed, they won't harm your newborn.


There is definitely no time to get your nails done every three weeks after you have a newborn baby, unless you have a great babysitter that is, and I wouldn't recommend taking a baby to a nail salon (I'm assuming that's where you get your nails done at), because of the fumes that stay basically trapped in the salons.
I wear acrylics and am a nanny and have never had issues with hurting the kids. If you keep the fake nails square it is impossible to hurt the child. You could probably make time to get your nails done on the weekend. I like the way my nails look when they are done vs. regular nails. It depends on how you feel.
LOL, i haven't had my nails done since my dd was born, she's 8 mos....personally i prefer to have them done, it just isnt' that much of a priority at the moment, although i def will go back to getting them when i can with having someone watch her to avoid the fumes....
cut them short and keep them short. if you poke baby with long nails it will hurt and you are going to feel really bad. so cut them all off and don't worry about silly stuff.
I probably go crazy with any type of longer nails.
I think short nails that are filed smooth are your best bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment