Sunday, August 22, 2010

Could my gel nail salon be a rip-off?

I live in rural Upstate NY. I got gel nails (full gel - applied as a gel only with UV to cure) and they cost around $100. The fills are about $35 for pink only and $45 when I need the white tips redone (every other time). Seems high compared to what I've seen elsewhere but I never know if other salons advertised prices mean ';real'; gel nails or just acrylics with gel top etc.





Also - when I have a nail break or lift, my technician removes it with a Metro card by sliding it under the nail and poking and pulling. This process is sometimes painful!! Last time I went, out of the blue she decided I needed a ';fresh set'; and took them all off and put on all new ones. This was painful! She teased me when I made ';ouchy'; noises. I have had the nails for about 4 months now.





Does this all sound right? I am new to having nails done and it seems like the prices are high and it seems to me it should not hurt to have nails removed....





Thanks!!Could my gel nail salon be a rip-off?
i have only gotten acrylic nails and i live on long island and the most i ever paid was 45 bucks.





i wouldnt pay 100 dollars to get my nails done, and i go to beauty school and if you learned all the effed up things salons do (specifically nail salons) and how unsanitary they are you would never want to get ur nails done again lol
  • beauty
  • how to apply
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment