Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How long do gel nails last? Acrylic? I've never had my nails professionally done- Is it worth it???

I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to a nail salon. My nails break quite easily, and I've heard that the fake nails ruin your natural nails. However, mine look horrible and I'd like to have them look pretty for the summer. How long do they last, and how often do you have to get touch-ups? How long does it take them to put them on?How long do gel nails last? Acrylic? I've never had my nails professionally done- Is it worth it???
Well, acrylic nails do mess your real nails up, especially if you wear them for extended amounts of time. They usually cost around $25 for a full set, and $15 for a fill. My nails usually needed redone every two weeks or so. I really hated getting fills too because when your nails start to grow out he acrylic can start to chip and crack, especially if you do a lot of chores. I would usually get mine done, wait about two weeks or until they grew out too much and then get a fill. After the fill I would wait again and then when I went in again I would just do another full set. The time it takes depends on where you go and what exactly you want done. If you want a full set with a regular french manicure, I'd say plan on 45 minutes, maybe an hour. If you want polish, I would say about the same. If you are one of those girls who likes the God awful extreme nail airbrush and designs, then plan on being there for a good while.How long do gel nails last? Acrylic? I've never had my nails professionally done- Is it worth it???
Just take care of your natural nails! The summer's not for a while.. or get SHORT fake nails, if you must...not long, tacky, ruinous fake ones
Acrylic lasts for about two weeks before you need a ';fill in'; (That's where they overlay more acrylic). It looks good. Just don't get them too long and get french or american manicure!


A full set can be done in about an hour.


Once you get the first full set, you just get fill ins after that and then get a new set about every month or two.
it depends on how u maintain dem and how fast ur natural nails grow

No comments:

Post a Comment